[CentOS] Buffer I/O error when booting

Wed Jun 22 16:11:18 UTC 2005
Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com>

This sure sounds like a failing hard drive to me. Over the years, I've
had probably a dozen drives fail, almost always starting with I/O
errors. A power cycle is frequently required. In fact, I'll be replacing
a drive at home today!

Having two drives doesn't improve things. The system is still going to
try to access the failing drive and will still generate I/O errors.

If rescue mode couldn't see the disk, you're probably out of luck. Sorry.

Kirk Bocek