[CentOS] Re: Offtopic Posts [was Re: [OT] Memory Models and Multi/Virtual-Cores -- WAS: 4.0 -> 4.1 update failing]

Wed Jun 29 01:18:08 UTC 2005
Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith at ieee.org>

On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 21:03 -0400, Peter Arremann wrote:
> But at least for me, anyone who posts without even trying to find and shred of
> prove and we're just simply supposed to believe every word, sorry, that's a
> troll.
> If Byran had shown any form of prove - any docs that would show he is right, I
> would agree with you. But until then, I can just agree with Chris. Lots of
> hot air and no substance.

Dude, I haven't seen any proof from you.
All we've gotten was 100% out-of-context assumption.
You can look up board specs, that has *0* to do with this?
Traces don't mean squat, we've been through this.

I've contacted the gentleman at AMD regarding the patch, because I can't
find his post in the LKML archives
(I already admitted off-the-bat, before anyone else, it was _not_ in the
February 17, 2004 thread).

I'm also going through the kernel's VM right now.
There are no less than 5 major models to x86/x86-64.
And it _does_ require you to use a "BIOS hack" that is COMPLETELY
INCOMPATIBLE with PAE36 OSes.

Bryan J. Smith                                     b.j.smith at ieee.org
It is mathematically impossible for someone who makes more than you
to be anything but richer than you.  Any tax rate that penalizes them
will also penalize you similarly (to those below you, and then below
them).  Linear algebra, let alone differential calculus or even ele-
mentary concepts of limits, is mutually exclusive with US journalism.
So forget even attempting to explain how tax cuts work.  ;->