[CentOS] Re: Offtopic Posts [was Re: [OT] Memory Models and Multi/Virtual-Cores -- WAS: 4.0 -> 4.1 update failing]

Wed Jun 29 01:26:50 UTC 2005
Peter Arremann <loony at loonybin.org>

On Tuesday 28 June 2005 21:18, Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> Dude, I haven't seen any proof from you.
> All we've gotten was 100% out-of-context assumption.
> You can look up board specs, that has *0* to do with this?
I had board specs, I had timing diagrams, I had CPU specs, I had  chipset
docs, I had bus docs, I had ...

They all have 0 to do with the problem? What kind of document would you
accept?

> Traces don't mean squat, we've been through this.
Alright - tell me what you want to see :-)

> I've contacted the gentleman at AMD regarding the patch, because I can't
> find his post in the LKML archives
> (I already admitted off-the-bat, before anyone else, it was _not_ in the
> February 17, 2004 thread).
>
> I'm also going through the kernel's VM right now.
> There are no less than 5 major models to x86/x86-64.
> And it _does_ require you to use a "BIOS hack" that is COMPLETELY
> INCOMPATIBLE with PAE36 OSes.
Thank you - 32bit only please... we all agree that AMD64 can address more than
4GB without issues.

Peter.