[CentOS] DHCPd Config

Wed Mar 30 14:54:57 UTC 2005
Ryan <ryanag at zoominternet.net>

Make sure you have bind installed and two ethernet cards installed.
Give the lan ethernet card a static IP such as 192.168.0.1

Use the firestarter package (www.fs-security.com).
http://www.fs-security.com/

Run the wizard (5 screens) http://www.fs-security.com/pics/wizard3.png

You're done!

If you are curious about how to do this yourself, check /etc/
firestarter there is a "firewall" config file that shows every step the
program did to enable forwarding, etc.

If you are generally happy with the program, you can add in custom
scripts in the user-pre file- they load before firestarters other rules
and take precendence.

If you hate the program, study what options it passes under the config
file.