[CentOS] firefox-1.0.2-1.4.1.centos4 unstable?

Thu Mar 31 14:00:36 UTC 2005
Greg Knaddison <greg.knaddison at gmail.com>

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 08:44:05 -0500, Chris Hammond <chris at tac.esi.net> wrote:
> Chris Mauritz wrote:
>
> > Collins Richey wrote:
> >
> >> Has anyone else noticed that firefox is less stable after the recent
> >> security update?
> >> I'm getting several occurrences per day of "just goes poof," i.e.
> >> probably seg fault.
> >>

> > I've noticed this on WinXP as well.  Not only does it go poof, but
> > sometimes it just decides to hang, stare at it's own navel, and gobble
> > up 99% of the cpu time.
> >
> > Cheers,

> Having this exact same hanging issue.  It was doing it constantly but
> the problem seems to have stopped.  Probal shouldn't have said that as
> it will
> probably start again. :)

Can you start with a clean profile?  If your machine is configured normally:

firefox --profilemanager

Make a new profile and use that one.  If you get the problem to
continue, then it's a real problem.  If it goes away, then your
profile got corrupted.  This commonly happens during upgrades between
firefox versions, especially when you have themes, extesions,
configuration settings setup.

Greg