[CentOS] Install Guide for PostFix (with DoveCot, SquirrelMail, MailScanner, ClamAV) on CentOS-4

Maciej Żenczykowski

maze at cela.pl
Mon May 30 09:42:15 UTC 2005

Hello,

I'd like to thank you very much for this guide (I followed it to install
my own system two or three weeks back and am still fooling with it).

However there's a few pointers :)

a) PostFix can be run with only one instance in 'hold all' mode
    (found references to this on some mailscanner installation site
    by accident).
    although I haven't yet figured out how to do this without
    having to remove postfix-autostart from the
    /etc/init.d/MailScanner script
    (although that's trivial and makes the startup script very normal)

b) enabling smtps is useful

c) check_relay_domains is outdated
    (should be reject_unauth_destination)

    and indeed more stuff could be placed
    in smtpd_recipient_restrictions

d) I've added a whitelist, spf log-only (I'm pretty much
    convinced spf is stupid, but loggin it is informative)
    and greylisting to mine, these could also probably be mentioned
    in the quide?

e) Some of the perl stuff which is needed (and thus taken
    from perl-CPAN) is also available on base/update/dag/dries
    in RPM form.  These are obviously preferred, so
    it would be nice if as many as possible perl packets
    which will later be needed could be installed beforehand
    (still working on this part and minimizing packages
    take from perl-CPAN, is there an auto perl-CPAN to rpm tool?)

I'm sure there's more...
Would more info on any of the above interest you (or for that
matter anyone else)?

Cheers,
MaZe.