[CentOS] Yum repomd.xml error

Tue May 10 19:06:19 UTC 2005
Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu>

On Tuesday 10 May 2005 14:46, Dag Wieers wrote:
> It's nice they help out the Apache project this way, but at what
> expense ? So I'm wondering what to do next to avoid things like this.

I for one have switched to www.mirrorservice.org's mirror, which seems to be
working OK at this point.

My complaint isn't as much with the repository as it's with yum itself for
blowing chunks and completely failing.

FWIW, when I update with synaptic I get a warning about the one repo being
down but I get an update from the others just fine and can go ahead and
upgrade from the loaded repos and wait until the ailing repo has things
fixed.  I wonder if yum can be configured to do similar; I for one track
kde-redhat, the various centos.org mirrored repos as well as apt.sw.be; there
have been times that either the kde-redhat main repo or apt.sw.be have been
down for several hours, during which a yum-driven autoupdate dies, but an apt
one can cope.

More than likely yum can be taught to do such, I just haven't yet done it.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology