[CentOS] Yum repomd.xml error

Tue May 10 19:14:14 UTC 2005
Greg Knaddison <greg.knaddison at gmail.com>

On 5/10/05, Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu> wrote:
> My complaint isn't as much with the repository as it's with yum itself for
> blowing chunks and completely failing.

You may have better luck discussing this on the yum-devel list.  I
know Seth reads this list, but not everyone working on yum does and I
also know that Seth has been busy recently and may not ready every
single post to CentOS.

In fact, there is a discussion on this topic already:

https://lists.dulug.duke.edu/pipermail/yum-devel/2005-May/thread.html#1140

Seth has responded with some reasons why simply noting that a repo is
down and moving on isn't a good idea.  I'm not familiar enough to say
whether or not his reasoning makes sense, but I generally do respect
his opinion.

Regards,
Greg