[CentOS] Hardware RAID Controller

Tue May 10 19:36:57 UTC 2005
Lee W <centos-list at unassemble.co.uk>

Jonathan wrote:

> 3ware.  Ebay.com is cheapest, but any vendor will do.  They're worth
> the money.  I've got over 5 TB of RAID on 3ware cards, with nary a
> failiure to date.

> Jonathan

Thanks Jonathan,

Ebay UK didn't turn up much (althought there was a few in the US).
However just tried googling a bit more and I've come across a 3ware
Escalade 7506-4LP for about £200.00 which supports upto 4 drives so that
should be suitable for my purposes, plus it looks quite small (being a
Low-Profile card) so should fit in the rack as well.

Okay I'm getting a bit over my head now.  Anyone see any problems
putting 2 of these in the same machine. After a few other comments I was
thinking of trying 2 x RAID-1's.

Regards

Lee