[CentOS] PostgreSQL/SELinux Error - relation "pg_catalog.pg_user" does not exist

Tue May 24 08:02:05 UTC 2005
Rudi Starcevic <tech at wildcash.com>

Hello,

 >> ERROR:  relation "pg_catalog.pg_user" does not exist

This looks like a Postgresql error, perhaps the very cool SeLinux is not
the problem.
Pg_catalog is an internal Pg system table.

I run Postgresql on several flavours of Linux and FreeBSD.

I feel I get a installation by compiling the software all in
/usr/local/pgsql.
It's also easier to manage across the various OS's.

As this seems Pg related I recommend the Postgresql user mailing list:
www.postgresql.org

Compiling is very simple see:
www.oreilly.com/catalog/p*postgresql*/*chapter*/ch02.pdf

Postgresql is a very advanced piece of software with lots of
configuration options, I have found
study the books and compiling has fast-tracked my understanding of the
awesome software.

I hope this helps, just my 2 cents :-)

Cheers,
Rudi