[CentOS] Re: centos] Re: Demonizing generic Linux issues as Fedora Core-only issues -- WAS: Hi, Bryan

Sun May 29 13:41:26 UTC 2005
R P Herrold <herrold at owlriver.com>

On Sat, 28 May 2005, Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith at ieee.org> wrote:

> But in the end, this is the reality that some people don't wake up to.
> They've got 3 choices:
> 1.  Get involved with Fedora Core, which affects RHEL
> 2.  Get involved with CentOS, which affects add-ons for their rebuild
> 3.  Complaint, and nothing will change at all  ;->

Bryan - Please don't overstate this and make a problem where
none exists.  There is an infinity of choices of which you
list three.

Another couple of major paths exist; Several former
'testers-list' folks offer ways; Joe Vos and Xos, David
Parsley and Tao; my 'Wings' efforts on non-Centos arch's
(Sparc, Mips/Netwinder, Alpha, PPC), PLD, Alt, and the list of
RPM based full scope distributions goes on.

Nor does one _have_ to 'get involved' with either the
RH-Fedora or Centos project to do effective distribution
building, or add-on packaging.  There are independent
packagers who have packaged for years and years outside of
RH's Fedora and its required representations and paperwork to
be a committer, outside of Centos.  Tummy, Matthias (pre-his
move to RH Fedora Extras), Dag, again my longstanding archive.
RPMForge offers a home.

- Russ Herrold