[CentOS] JRE for x86_64

Patrick centos at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Thu Nov 3 01:59:29 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-02 at 16:40 -0500, Matt Hyclak wrote:
> AFAIK there is no 64-bit plugin. The current recommended solution is to
> remove the 64-bit version of firefox, and install the 32-bit version. You'll
> have to do it by hand, because the 32-bit version isn't included in the
> x86_64 repository.

A while back someone mentioned that IBM has a beta x86_64 JDK/JRE out:
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk/java5beta/
I checked the JDK rpm but could not find any file with plugin in its
name so I guess that one will not work also. Anyone with experience
installing Firefox 32bit & dependencies want to share how to do it?

Regards,
Patrick