[CentOS] Putting nat routing into place permanently? -- [OT] and so it begins (the debate)

Bryan J. Smith thebs413 at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 4 23:13:55 UTC 2005

Preston Crawford <me at prestoncrawford.com> wrote:
> Actually in this context this information is useful. And
> tone matters too, remember. This has been a good thread,
> IMHO.

In the past, I've only done it in the context of answering
people after they have told me where they are coming from.  I
appreciate you appreciated it, but others might not.

> That's interesting. I used SuSE for like 3 years. It always
> "felt" well organized with respect to configuration
scripts,
> but I wasn't sure if that was me just being naive or what?

SuSE is more LSB compliant in this regard.

> Why do you always have to do this? Make it personal.

I'm just being honest.  I'm sure I've taken the tangent well
of the path from the original.  I wanted to admit that.  I
also figured that the people that wanted to hear this are
still in the minority.  I'm basically thanking people for
putting up with it, as I'm sure the seasoned admins are tired
after the 5th or 6th time.

> No one is out to get you. There's no witch hunt. I think
> this thread has been very productive and interesting,
> personally. You're not getting on my nerves right now.

I know, because you are participating.  But for those who are
not, I'm sure they tire of the fact that I've covered the
same topics in 5 or 6 posts -- things that were not in the
original question.