[CentOS] Reducing the deleterious effects of ego related issues on the list: growing up individually.

Bryan J. Smith thebs413 at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 7 23:57:45 UTC 2005

Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:
> enough - I didn't bother reading the incredibly verbose
> post by Maltby and I didn't read this through either.

Why can't people just say they don't like what I say and
leave it at that?  Why do they have to dance around like
their post is justified?

And why can't they take into consideration I did _not_ take
offense to what they said _first_?!?!?!  If that context is
looked at, then put with this clear "read between the lines"
content, then this entire post could be considered
hypocritical.

I took no offense to his suggestion that I read up on early
UNIX history nor that he had been using UNIX since version
6/7.  I merely said I had been using UNIX almost as long in 5
statements.  Yeah, maybe too much story, but that's me.

> It's enough.

Apparently not for some.

> We are all hypocrites.

No, I'm just a jerk because I come out and say what I think.

People who tell people not to do something when they've done
it themselves (let alone _before_ I did) are hypocrites.

And almost humorous is the fact that I didn't take any
offense to what he said before he felt compelled to write
this long post with regards to how I responded.

> No one can declare a thread finished - it dies when all is
> said. Isn't all said already?

Apparently not.  Several days passed and then he posted this
long-winded response about my 5 statements.  At first, I had
_no_problem_ with it.

Then the agenda came through loud and clear.  I had no
problem with him at all -- until that agenda.  One could now
retroactively argue the agenda was already in motion when he
said ...

  'Please note the word "original". If you research back
   to the epoch or thereabouts, you may find that I spoke
   the truth. I began working on UNIX PWB Versions 6/7.'

If I was really "paranoid," I would have made a big deal
then.  But I figured he just thought I wasn't knowledgeable
about systems he used before System-V.  So what.  I said I
was, in 5 "story telling" statements.

And unless you _really_ are shallow, please re-read his most
recent post from _my_ perspective -- at least that middle
part.  It says what he thinks _loud_and_clear_.

This BS has to end.  I'm sorry, but its pure BS.
And that's why I posted my response.