[CentOS] VirtualHost squirrelmail and Apache

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Thu Nov 10 02:31:19 UTC 2005

Julio Soto wrote on Thu, 10 Nov 2005 00:39:04 +0100:

> As far as I can see http://mail.domain.com is working because
> mail.domain.com is listed as MX in the bind zone file, but as far as I
> can imagine, I shouldn't list in bind every virtualhost I'm configuring
> in apache.

Sure you have. You either have to create each and every hostname on DNS or
use a wildcard A record for that domain.
Actually, that's the only parapraph from your whole posting I understood
since you are mixing several things together and it's not clear what you
actually want to fix. First fix your dns problem, then if you still have a
problem try to solve one at a time.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany