[CentOS] g4l and centos

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Nov 11 15:44:13 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-11-11 at 10:30 -0500, Jerry Geis wrote:
> Has anyone used g4l (ghost for linux) with centos 4.2 or 4.X?
> I just tried it with RAW mode, it made the image on my
> ftp server, I then tried to restore it, seemed like it went ok,
> tried to reboot and it starts up looks like it  is going to  work
> but then something is not right? I am not even sure how to explain
> what is not right.
> can you share your steps.
don't know about g4l

boot CD 1 of any CentOS 4 disks. Type 'linux rescue' and press enter

follow the directions...

chroot /mnt/sysimage

then make sure things are there...

ls -l
ls -l /boot etc.

then to see if you can fix the boot...

grub-install /dev/hda

Of course this assumes that your new disk is the primary master and if
that is the case, you should be able to boot from it.

believed to be clean.