[CentOS] Routing lost

Chris Mason (Lists) lists at masonc.com
Mon Nov 14 07:25:28 UTC 2005

I have a server running Centos4. I found I was seeing some network
problems so I tried "route" and found there was no routing. I thought
reboot would solve it but it didn't. I had to manually enter a route to
the default gateway, there is still no route to the loopback interface.
How is this possible? I thought there was default routes built into the
kernel, taken from ifcfg-eth0.
Is there an easy way to fix this? Thanks for any advice.

# cat /etc/sysconfig/network
NETWORKING=yes
HOSTNAME=pbx.mysite.home
gateway=192.168.200.1

# cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=static
IPADDR=192.168.200.11
BROADCAST=192.168.200.255