[CentOS] Re: selinux stuff - I just don't get

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Tue Nov 15 01:49:40 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-14 at 20:39 -0500, Tom Diehl wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Nov 2005, Craig White wrote:
>
> > I am getting tons of these messages since I updated to 4.2
> >
> > Nov 12 12:21:39 srv1 dbus: Can't send to audit system: USER_AVC pid=2839
> > uid=81 loginuid=-1 message=avc:  denied  { send_msg } for
> > scontext=user_u:system_r:unconfined_t tcontext=user_u:system_r:initrc_t
> > tclass=dbus
> >

> The above rpm fixed it for me, although I still do not understand the
> problem. :-)
----
apparently the problem is that the user 'dbus' is not root and is not
thus empowered to send messages to audit system.

The apparent lack of people bitching about this on nahant list or centos
list makes me think that a large amount of RHEL 4 (or clone) users have
simply turned SELinux off. I guess that puzzles me as much as anything.

Craig

ps - my fix, though more work, doesn't use stuff out of rawhide and
probably is more instructive towards solving problems than simply
installing an updated rpm from rawhide (which is eminently easier).

believed to be clean.