[CentOS] Re: selinux stuff - I just don't get

Chris Mauritz chrism at imntv.com
Tue Nov 15 02:13:09 UTC 2005

Craig White wrote:

>The apparent lack of people bitching about this on nahant list or centos
>list makes me think that a large amount of RHEL 4 (or clone) users have
>simply turned SELinux off. I guess that puzzles me as much as anything.

What's with the bug up your nether regions?  People turn it off because
they feel they don't need it.  For many people it is simply a broken
distraction.  It should be turned off by default, but it isn't.  Are you
also going to lecture people for turning off other software packages
that come bundled "on" by default?  Why does this bother you so much?

Cheers,