[CentOS] [Fwd: [suse-amd64] OFF-TOPIC - *very* bad]

William A. Mahaffey III wam at HiWAAY.net
Tue Nov 15 20:30:19 UTC 2005

William Hooper wrote:

>William A. Mahaffey III wrote:
>

>>I saw this on the SuSE AMD64 list & decided to pass it along, since it
>>seems like a sneaky problem. Later posts confirm it is *NOT*
>>AMD64-specific, nor SuSE 9.3 specific ....
>>

>And no one bothered to read the sudo man page?
>
>"Once a user has been authenticated, a timestamp is updated and the user
>may then use sudo without a password for a short period of time (5 minutes
>unless overridden in sudoers)."

Yes, that was noted in subsequent posts. It was also noted that this is
why many admins disable it. I think I may have gone off half-cocked :-) ....

--
	William A. Mahaffey III
	Remember, ignorance is bliss, but