[CentOS] Evolution Filters

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 13:58:15 UTC 2005

On 11/27/05, Lee W <lee at unassemble.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have just switched from using Thunderbird to Evolution on Centos 4.2
> for my IMAP email and seem to be having problems with the filters. The
> filters I have created a really simple, such as checking for the
> [CentOS] in the subject line of this lists postings.
>
> The filters don't however get applied automatically, I have to select
> all the message in the inbox and manually select "Apply Filters" at
> which point all the messages get filtered correctly. I have made sure
> that the "Apply filters to new message in INBOX on this Server" is
> selected but it doesn't make any difference.
>
> Can someone advise if Evolution is supposed to work this way (as I have
> come to expect from Thunderbird) or is it correct that I have to apply
> the filters manually for IMAP folders.
>
> Thanks in advance

Evolution can filter your mail automatically if you set it up to do
so. You should check to ensure that you have the proper options
configured in your client. Go to the Evolution Account Editor in
settings, check the receiving options, and make sure you have "Apply
filters to....." checked.

--
Jim Perrin
System Architect - UIT