[CentOS] Yum / Up2date issues and mirror.centos.org

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 22:37:19 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-29 at 16:11, Bryan J. Smith wrote:

> Okay, now you're talking about far _bigger_ issues than just
> YUM.  Especially since I expect mobile users to talk to the
> network far differently at work than when at home or when
> mobile.  E.g., I don't believe in setting "default gateways"
> on systems on a corporate network.

Heh... Our business is selling streaming data services, mostly
over the internet and from an assortment of distributed servers,
so you can guess how I feel about that.

[...]
> It is essentially the GNOME equivalent proxy
> settings for all GNOME applications to those of MS IE for all
> GDI/Explorer applications.

So, if yum ever becomes a GNOME app, all our problems are
solved.

> Now, how much more do you want to throw at this?

Bottom line is it has to be easier than typing the command line
once with the proxy info on it and subsequently recalling it
from command history or I probably won't change.  Actually I
seldom even type it the first time - I usually ssh in after
installing a new box and paste the command from another window
on a different machine.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com