[CentOS] OpenIPMI on a SunFire v20z

David Thompson thomas at cs.wisc.edu
Wed Oct 5 12:17:11 UTC 2005

Tom Lanyon wrote:
>Hi all,

Hi Tom.

>First issue was trying to install the openipmi RPM from the CD that came
>with the SunFires, this RPM installs the source for the openipmi kernel
>drivers and then builds them as kernel modules. First I had to get the
>kernel source installed (i used the kernel SRPM to install, then did an
>rpmbuild to create the patched source directory), however I'm now
>receiving a whole bunch of errors whilst trying to compile the IPMI
>driver 'ipmi_devintf_src.c' file because of what looks to be
>incompatibilities with the kernel.

If all you needed to do was build kernel module(s), installing the appropriate kernel-devel package (kernel-devel, kernel-smp-devel, etc.) would be alot less work than building from the SRPM.

Cheers.

--
Dave Thompson  ( thomas (at) cs.wisc.edu )

Associate Researcher                  Department of Computer Science
University of Wisconsin-Madison       http://www.cs.wisc.edu/(twiddle)thomas
1210 West Dayton Street
Madison, WI 53706-1685