[CentOS] Lost my menu options again - KDE messes with Gnome?

Fri Oct 7 11:31:18 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-07 at 20:17 +0900, Dave Gutteridge wrote:

> > I don't understand why you should even need to log out (except
> > that you need to use the same keyboard, something like that,
> > but no *system* reason).
>
> Beats me. I think it's weird too. But, honestly, I'm not so worried
> about it. I'm much more interested in trying to get my default menu
> options back. After it was determined that it wasn't just a user
> settings issue, advice about what to do sort of dropped off and I'm
> unsure about what to do.

What seems to have happened is that you have updated your RPMS for all
of KDE again to a new version.  Part of that upgrade was an upgrade to
the package redhat-menus-3.7.1-2.noarch.rpm ... once you upgraded that
package to a new one, your default menus would have changed.

I am not even sure if the older (original) redhat-menus will work with
the new KDE.

I have tried to convey in the past the need to NOT use non CentOS
repos ... or to greatly restrict what these repos can update on a CentOS
machine (if one wants to keep their machine CentOS and not Fedora Core
or Rawhide).