[CentOS] Lost my menu options again - KDE messes with Gnome?

Dave Gutteridge dave at tokyocomedy.com
Fri Oct 7 12:03:29 UTC 2005

> I have tried to convey in the past the need to NOT use non CentOS
> repos ... or to greatly restrict what these repos can update on a CentOS
> machine

I'm on board with that. But when I wanted to install Quanta, I was given
advice on this list that the KDE repos necessary to get it were safe.

I'm not pointing fingers, just saying that I'm in a bit of a swirling
vortex of advice, and it doesn't always line up. And I don't have the
skills to to discern which side of advice that conflicts that I should
follow.

If I want to install something like Quanta, or any other software that
isn't in Dag or the official CentOS repos, then I might as well just
consider it not available?

Dave