[CentOS] 2 httpd configs

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 03:36:57 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-07 at 22:13, Craig White wrote:

> It may be possible to run as a virtual server but it appears that I
> would have to do a bunch of mucking around since it is supposed to run
> under a different user id.

If it all runs as a cgi-program you can make it setuid, but
you are probably better off with 2 instances.

> I am trying to figure out how to run multiple httpd.conf and haven't had
> much success either by creating /etc/sysconfig/httpd...
> # cat /etc/sysconfig/httpd
> # multiple configs
> OPTIONS="-f /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf \
> -f /opt/CA/BrightStorARCserve/httpd/conf/httpd.conf"
>
> or
> OPTIONS="-f /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf \
> /opt/CA/BrightStorARCserve/httpd/conf/httpd.conf"
>
> and I also tried
> cp /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd-bab
> and changing pid and /var/lock/subsys and conf references but it won't
> launch
>
> ;-(
>
> so I'm pretty much where I started

I think the last time I did that (years ago...) I ended
up symlinking a new program name:
ln -s /usr/bin/httpd /usr/bin/httpd-bab
and changing the references inside the copied
init script to use the other name, but
I can't remember why now.

--
  Les Mikesell