[Off-list] Re: [CentOS] Updates not catching up ?

mbneto mbneto at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 18:54:00 UTC 2005

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for the reply.

That was my first post to the list and sorry if my next comments seem
too hard but...

My idea to move from fedora to centos was trying to get a stable
distribution that I can afford with long term plans for support.

Fedora works fine for me but it's focus on bleeding edge tends to
leave "old" (1 year-old) releases without "strong" support.  They have
the legacy but even that stop a while.

On the other hand wait a week for a security update come from rh to
centos seems too much.

Some may argue that I can always grab the src myself and
compile/install but that is not the point here.

Is there anything I can do to help ?