[Off-list] Re: [CentOS] Updates not catching up ?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Oct 12 18:59:40 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-10-12 at 14:54 -0400, mbneto wrote:
> Hi Bryan,
> Thanks for the reply.
> That was my first post to the list and sorry if my next comments seem
> too hard but...
> My idea to move from fedora to centos was trying to get a stable
> distribution that I can afford with long term plans for support.
> Fedora works fine for me but it's focus on bleeding edge tends to
> leave "old" (1 year-old) releases without "strong" support.  They have
> the legacy but even that stop a while.
> On the other hand wait a week for a security update come from rh to
> centos seems too much.
This was a big update - presuming that you are talking about RHEL 4 U2.
Normally the updates are out very quickly. The U2 update includes things
such as spinning new iso's and there are a lot more issues such as i586
support and other platforms as well.

These guys do a terrific job.

patience is a virtue
> Some may argue that I can always grab the src myself and
> compile/install but that is not the point here.
> Is there anything I can do to help ?
Probably - stick around

believed to be clean.