[CentOS] Anyone use fetchmail for multiple users?

Sudev Barar sbarar at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 04:33:12 UTC 2005

On 10/13/05, Preston Crawford <me at prestoncrawford.com> wrote:
> Might have to scrap using fetchmail. It's not getting mail in daemon mode
> for me. And for my wife's account it's actually getting the email over and
> over for her each time since she has the "keep" flag. I have the keep flag
> too, but for some reason I only get the email once. Anyone know of a
> better alternative that's relatively easy to setup?

Following is my .fetchmailrc:

set daemon 0
# Do we need to test with bounce mail if this can avoid spam?
set no bouncemail
set logfile /var/log/fetchmail.log

poll www.xxx.yyy.zzz with protocol pop3
        user user1 with password abcdef is * here
        user user2 with password abcdef is user2 here
poll eee.fff.ggg.hhh with protocol pop3
        user user1 with password tomany3e is user1 here

poll someserver.com with protocol pop3
        user user3 with password something is user3 here

Then I add the following in crontab to run fetchmail 14 minutes past
every hour between 4am and 8pm:

14 4-20 * * * /usr/bin/fetchmail -f /etc/fetchmailrc/.fetchmailrc

Caution the file .fetchmailrc expects 600 permissions!

OR you can create lot of individual
HTH
--
Sudev Barar