[CentOS] yum issues

Sat Oct 15 08:57:36 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-14 at 20:22 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-10-15 at 11:16 +0800, Matt Arnilo S. Baluyos (Mailing
> Lists) wrote:
> > On 10/15/05, Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:
> > > Is this because the mirrors are busy? I did update to CentOS 4.2
> > > yesterday but now...
> > >
> > > [root at srv1 file-4.15]# yum install php-devel php-imap
> > > Setting up Install Process
> > > Setting up repositories
> > > dag                       100% |=========================| 1.1 kB
> >
> > < Error messages snipped>
> >
> > > Suggestions? Wait?
> >
> > I myself can't get past the "Setting up repositories stage."
> >
> > BTW, are the ISOs available via bittorrent already?
> ----
> finally came through after trying about 30 times
>
> but I need another package and it's too painful so I think I will wait
> until later

Guys ... I apologize, but our mirrors are just absolutely maxed out.

We have served 2.26 TB (bytes not bits) in the last 24 hours ... which
is 5x our normal traffic.

We are working on a way to use mirrorlist= so that we don't have this
kind of problem in the future.  (I know this has it's own issues, but it
is something we need to do)

We also need more donated mirrors ... if you are an ISP who is making
tons of money using CentOS, we could use a dedicated server donation :)

There is a list of public, external mirrors that have CentOS as well ...
it is available here that might not have as much traffic:

http://www.centos.org/mirrors/

Otherwise, to use mirror.centos.org, the only possibility is to wait a
day or so more.

--
Johnny Hughes