[CentOS] 4.1 being dropped from mirrors

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 17:06:28 UTC 2005

> Humm.. Even Red Hat is supporting RHEL releases longer than this.
> We use  RHEL  AS Release with full support.

Not correct. RHEL is on RHEL 4 update 2.  If you run up2date -fu, you
will get the full updates. Follow that with a cat /etc/redhat-release
and it will confirm thusly (note we use ES, not AS, but same applies):

[jperrin at xxxx ~]$ cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4 (Nahant Update 2)
[jperrin at xxxx ~]$

it's the major version number that has the support, not the minor.

> Does this mean if Red Hat comes out with more updates for RHEL 4.1
> you will not apply them to Centos 4.1 any more?

All updates are being applied to the 4.2 tree now, just as upstream is
applying them to AS4 update 2.

--
Jim Perrin
System Administrator - UIT