[CentOS] cache memory not being used

Dave wintermutecx at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 18:34:31 UTC 2005

On 10/20/05, William Warren <hescominsoon at emmanuelcomputerconsulting.com> wrote:
> 18 megs of swap with a gig installed is nothing significant.  As far as
> cached memory not being used.  If xorg is using 750 megs of ram there's
> not a whole bunch left for a file cache after the other applications are
> also allocated.

 The xorg memory consumtion is a different issue, I've had that
problem for awile now, thats why I put in another 512 of ram so I can
reboot twice a month instead of every weekend.

 I'm curious if something has changed in the way memory is managed, I
was under the impression that there should be very little free memory
since the cache and buffers should be using it.