[CentOS] More than 1 gcc version?

Aleksandar Milivojevic alex at milivojevic.org
Mon Oct 24 16:08:58 UTC 2005

Quoting "Brian T. Brunner" <brian.t.brunner at gai-tronics.com>:

> Not necessarily... gcc 2.9x LOVES my code, and the program built
> under it runs like a champ.

<flame mode="on">
"Try this and see if compiler or interpretter complains" approach is
OK for one-time use Perl scripts.  It's a very bad approach for C code that
should be used (and, oh my God recompiled) 5 years after it was written.

If your code conforms to ANSI, file a bug with gcc folks.  If it
doesn't conform
with ANSI, it's you who are at fault.  Don't blame the compiler for your
mistakes of the past.