[CentOS] AIC7901 RAID320 with CENTOS4 not recognized

Sat Oct 29 17:45:09 UTC 2005
Erick Perez <eaperezh at gmail.com>

An INTEL Server motherboard model SE7501BR2 with an onboard Adaptec
AIC7901 controller (with HostRAID) is not being recognized by CENTOS
4.
The AIC79xx driver loads correctly, however it does not "see" the fact
that I used the HostRAID onboard software to create a RAID 1 set.

I went to the INTEL site and only found a driver for RHEL 3.0 and I
was unable to find a driver on the adaptec site.

The CENTOS4 installer gives me the option to create partitions, raids, etc.
This is not what we want since creating a RAID by software it's
supposed to be more slow that doing it hardware based right?

Does the CENTOS4 support the AIC7901 with HostRAID or not?

Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

Erick Perez
Linux User 376588
http://counter.li.org/  (Get counted!!!)
Panama, Republic of Panama