[CentOS] Re: centos] memory leak in Centos 4.1 and 4.0

Mon Oct 3 17:02:08 UTC 2005
Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>

On Mon, 2005-10-03 at 12:46 -0400, R P Herrold wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Oct 2005, Craig White wrote:
>
> >> issue in Dovecot, and so I fell back to the UW imap as a
> >> workaround.
> > ----
> > ignoring of course, cyrus-imapd which is included in the distribution.
>
> yeah - I had an outage and needed to get it up quickly, rather
> than dink through something new while at a client's site.  I
> knew it had no such issues with SMP
>
> Also, I have used (and participated in the development of) the
> UW product for years and years in a ISP context, and can
> accurately build and configure it without conscious effort.
> ;)
----
yeah - understood

for the record, I haven't found cyrus-imapd to be very difficult to
configure...and the performance is awesome. But I am also one to go to
that which I understand rather than learn new tricks sometimes myself.

Really, the only wrinkle in setting up cyrus is to change the MTA to use
lmtp for local delivery and there are plenty of instructions on how to
do that in postfix/sendmail/exim.

Craig

believed to be clean.