[CentOS] Problem rebuilding glibc for xen

Wed Oct 26 22:41:33 UTC 2005
Ted Kaczmarek <tedkaz at optonline.net>

On Wed, 2005-10-26 at 14:13 +0100, Dave Hatton wrote:
> I would like to rebuild glibc specifically with the -mno-tls-direct-seg-refs
> to allow better performance with Xen.
>
> I'm using Centos 4.2 x86_64 on an Athlon 3200+. I'm using the
> 2.6.9-11.106.unsupported kernel for reiser support.
>
> My thought was to download and install the SRPM and then rpmbuild with no
> changes to make sure it works before adding the above flag.
>
> Unfortunately, the rpmbuild hangs during tst-tls9.
>
> Has anyone else managed this?
>
> As an alternative suggestion is there a chance that a build of glibc with
> this flag could be added to centosplus?
> This would be very useful until this change makes it into the main stream.
>
> Thanks
>
> Daveh

Someone sent me a rebuilt glibc for 32 bit so it should be doable.
Funny part is I haven't even tried it yet, the other user testing it
said he had good preliminary results though.

Check the xen archives if you want to track it down.

Ted