[CentOS] [OT] Services for Unix being built into Win2K3-R2

William A. Mahaffey III wam at HiWAAY.net
Sat Sep 3 22:51:47 UTC 2005

Johnny Hughes wrote:

>I found this article about Microsoft SFU being built into the new
>Windows 2003 Server R2 very interesting.
>What does this signify?
>Is Windows ready to really co-exist with Unix / Linux ... or are they
>going to try and provide similar functionality because they recognize it
>is better technology moving forward?

.... or are they going to do what they often do, 'adopt' standards, only
to contaminate/corrupt them later with MS-specific extensions which
conflict with other parts of the original standard set, etc. I know,
sounding paranoid again ....

	William A. Mahaffey III
	Remember, ignorance is bliss, but
	willful ignorance is LIBERALISM !!!!