[CentOS] Anyone running giFTui successfully on CentOS?

Matt Hyclak hyclak at math.ohiou.edu
Thu Sep 8 16:09:27 UTC 2005

On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 12:56:11AM +0900, Dave Gutteridge enlightened us:
> >The easiest way to do this is as root:
> ># rpmbuild --rebuild foo-1.0-1.src.rpm
> ># rpm -Uvh /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/foo-1.0-1.i386.rpm
> >

> Oh... I thought rebuilding RPMs involved a lot of programming knowledge
> or something. Lord knows configuring and making binaries is tricky, at
> least for a newbie.
> Does that pattern you've written above apply for most package rebuilds?

Pretty much, yep. In general it goes like this:

rpmbuild --rebuild foo-version.src.rpm
rpmbuild -ba foo.spec
rpmbuild -ta foo-version.tar.gz

> >I went ahead and did this for giFTui-0.4.1 for you...
> >

> Hey, thanks! That's really cool of you.
> But, as is often the case with my Linux experience, I'm on to the next
> error:
> [dave at localhost ~]$ giftui
> giftui : No host to connect /apps/giftui/daemon/host.
> *** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (fasttop): 0x089f4448 ***
> Aborted
> Perhaps giFTui is just too beta to be used by me.
> Anyone recommend a good peer to peer software for all the non-bittorrent
> networks, like gnutella and eDonkey?

Dunno, but on the giftui site you might want to check out the 2nd post on
the main page and see if that fixes your problem.

Matt Hyclak
Department of Mathematics
Department of Social Work
Ohio University