[CentOS] Centos 4.1 DISPLAY question

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Thu Sep 8 18:47:26 UTC 2005

Actually this has nothing to do with ssh...

On my box that I have running X windows I can type mozilla in a terminal
and mozilla comes up... no problem. I then stop mozilla.

I then do CTL+ALT_F1 to get a console. I login as root. (x windows is
not logged in as root).
I then type "mozilla --display=machine:0.0" and nothing happens.

How do I pop up mozilla and display it in this maner? This represents
what I want to do not how
I am doing it.

[CentOS] Centos 4.1 DISPLAY question *Jim Perrin* jperrin at gmail.com
/Thu Sep 8 17:54:03 UTC 2005/