[CentOS] Does a list of compatible motherboards

Paul subsolar at subsolar.com
Tue Sep 13 03:22:15 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-09-11 at 20:43 -0700, Todd Cary wrote:
> When I do an install, it gets to where it is trying to load the
> installer (cannot remember the exact verbage) where it pauses for
> about 30 seconds.  Then I get the panic and it has something to do
> with Interrupts.

I would suggest the same thing that Johnny did ....
1. Update the BIOS to the most current version.
2. Do "linux noapic noacpi nousb text" at the installer boot prompt

One other thing to check is the memory ... try MEMTEST86 and let it run
overnight.

> This is done with the RAID disabled and the disk pair plugged into
> into the non-RAID ATA socket.
>
> All works fine with RH 9.   Does it have anything to do with Celeron
> 2.2 on the board?  Someone told me that it may be due to the fact that
> some Intel chips are threaded.

Should not be an issue... I've loaded CentOS 4.0 on a Dell 2650 with
Dual Xenon running HT and had no issue.

Regards,
Paul