[CentOS] Why is yum not liked by some?

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Wed Sep 14 14:05:05 UTC 2005

> My comment was not meant to be negative.

I know.  I really appreciate you mentioning I was correct.
Which is why I think I'll just get people like yourself
to answer for me next time.  ;->

> You were correct to point out that yum:
> 1.  Doesn't look at files
> 2.  Creates metadata that is only accurate when it is run.
> I was just agreeing with you.

I know, and I greatly appreciate it.

I don't think people realize that regardless of whatever
solution, to do what most people want on the YUM client side,
you still need an internal copy of the repository --
delta-based or not.