[CentOS] Capturing audio streams with Linux?

dan.trainor dan.trainor at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 21:09:27 UTC 2005

Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> "dan.trainor" <dan.trainor at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>How's that sound?  And no - I am not kidding.  I don't want
>>to come off as an ass, but in all honesty, can you blame
>
> me?
>
>>This is the third time that something like this has
>
> happened
>
>>in the past single week.
>

> It's interesting to note the "questions" are coming from
> people with various stories and/or don't want to read the man
> page or literally don't want to believe how things work.
>
> Now I fully admit I'm an ass sometimes for taking too many
> posts to wish people who read up on things or get first-hand
> knowledge.  But man, I've tried to answer questions, and I
> tire of people who believe there are no existing options.
>
> Again, from now on, _all_ answers I provide will be
> _off-list_.  That way no one can be offended in front of the
> list, period.

Great, we appreciate it.  That'll cut down at least half of the volume.

Just answer the questions.  Do give honest advice.  Do not flame.  Do
use soap.  Do not preach Christianity.  Do not tell right from wrong.
Do use real-world examples of where your suggestion would be applicable.
 Do contribute, but remember that you're talking to people, too.  Give
us a chance, and we'll return the same promptness and courtesy that I
have seen you contribute this list for quite a while now.

Your input is greatly appreciated, but your switch offensive/defensive
attitude is not.

Thanks for understanding
-dant