[CentOS] Are PHP and MySQL running on my CentOS installation?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Sep 17 02:28:34 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-16 at 21:11 -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:

> The centos-related answers that might apply:
> yum install php php-mysql mysql mysql-server
> and disable selinux until you understand it.
selinux isn't that tough. There may not be many people with immediate
answers but I've been able to keep it running on now two systems without
asking a single question of the list as I really didn't want to resort
to the easy way out (disabled).

I just don't agree that it's best to advise everyone to disable it - at
least let them know that it's a security measure deemed important enough
by RedHat to install it by default and that disabling that security
measure is a form of surrender.

believed to be clean.