[CentOS] YUM error - are repositories down or something?

Dave Gutteridge dave at tokyocomedy.com
Mon Sep 19 11:24:30 UTC 2005

> I see that problem from here as well, and apt.sw.be is indeed not
> available at this time.
> the one I use ( and is working at the moment ) :
> http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/apt.sw.be/

I think I installed the mirror you recommended. Why I say "I think" is
that I put the URL for that mirror inside the
file /etc/yum.repos.d/dag.repo like so:

[dag]
name=Dag RPM Repository for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
baseurl=http://apt.sw.be/redhat/el$releasever/en/$basearch/dag

name=Dag RPM Repository for Red Hat Enterprise Linux Mirror
http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/apt.sw.be/

And then I ran the YUM install command again, and it worked.

But I notived it ran without saying anything about checking mirrors, so
perhaps the original Dag repository just happened to start working again
anyway.

So... do I have the mirror URL reference in the right place?

Dave