[CentOS] A little iptables help

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Wed Sep 28 18:20:24 UTC 2005

James Pifer wrote:

> I can't make use as the router.

I might be wrong about needing to use for the return traffic. The DNAT
function on won't change the source IP address. As long a has a
route to the first network, this should still work.

> If I loaded a port forwarding application on and had it
> forward ports to .4 for port 5900 I would not have this requirement.
> Can't iptables to the same thing somehow?

You lost me here. Iptables *is* our 'port forwarding application' on
The rule I wrote would accept traffic going to and send it back out