[CentOS] Moving the Home dir to new server

Fri Sep 2 19:31:20 UTC 2005
Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith at ieee.org>

On Fri, 2005-09-02 at 06:36 -0700, Todd Cary wrote:
> Bryan -
> As you do doubt call tell, Linux/UNIX is not my area of expertise
> resulting in some basic questions.  Using the designations of Master
> and Slave, my Master and Slave have two different versions of RH
> software: RH 9 and Centos 4.1.  The Slave has it's own set of
> Services: HTTP, FTP and Samba along with other supporting Services.
> Will this create a problem?

Nope.  The Remote Procedure Call (RPC) services do not conflict with any
of those.  In fact, NFS and Samba work together without issue on the
same files, including kernel-level locking between the two.

--
Bryan J. Smith     b.j.smith at ieee.org     http://thebs413.blogspot.com