[CentOS] Changing permissions on files that only exist during USB operation

Sat Sep 3 16:28:55 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-09-04 at 01:21 +0900, Dave Gutteridge wrote:
> >create a file named:
> >/etc/udev/rules.d/10-visor.rules
> >and put this in it:
> >BUS="usb", SYSFS{product}="Palm Handheld*", KERNEL="ttyUSB[13579]", SYMLINK="pilot"
> >
> Sort of. Based on advice I got earlier, I have a file with the slightly
> different name "10-visor-rules", and the line inside is a little
> different too:
> BUS="usb", SYSFS {product}="Palm Handheld", KERNEL="ttyUSB[13579]",
> SYMLINK="pilot"
> ... (there's no asterix after the word "Handheld")
>
> Which should it be, and will this resolve the permissions settings?

I am pretty sure it needs to be named .rules in the /etc/udev/rules.d
directory.

using the * is also good

I think it should create files with the user as the owner ... which
should work for you.

Do another ls -al on those created files after making those adjustments.