[CentOS] Changing permissions on files that only exist during USB operation

Sat Sep 3 17:01:20 UTC 2005
Dave Gutteridge <dave at tokyocomedy.com>

>Do another ls -al on those created files after making those adjustments.

Thank you for the advice. I've created a 10-visor.rules file with the
line as you had it written, and removed the old file just to be sure.

Unfortunately, it looks as though the permission settings are exactly
the same as before.

Here it is now:
[root at localhost rules.d]# ls -al /dev/ttyUSB* /dev/pilot
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root      7 Sep  4 01:54 /dev/pilot -> ttyUSB1
crw-rw----  1 root uucp 188, 0 Sep  4 01:54 /dev/ttyUSB0
crw-------  1 dave uucp 188, 1 Sep  4 01:54 /dev/ttyUSB1

Here is what it was:
[root at localhost dev]# ls -l /dev/ttyUSB* /dev/pilot
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root      7 Sep  3 11:57 /dev/pilot -> ttyUSB1
crw-rw----  1 root uucp 188, 0 Sep  3 11:57 /dev/ttyUSB0
crw-------  1 dave uucp 188, 1 Sep  3 11:57 /dev/ttyUSB1

Is there anything I can do in the 10-visor.rules file or elsewhere that
will force the tty files to be created with permissions accessible by
the user "dave"?

Dave