[CentOS] Why is yum not liked by some?

Wed Sep 7 03:00:39 UTC 2005
Dave Gutteridge <dave at tokyocomedy.com>

I'd like to comment on this list to say that despite earlier reports
saying that I had fixed my YUM problems, it still freezes my computer
every now and again. I've been told this might be because I have too
little free space on my hard drive, so I cleared over 9 gigs, and it
still freezes sometimes. I was told my RPM database was screwed, so I
rebuilt the database and it still freezes.

I'm not sure what the problem is now, but I do know that on the one hand
YUM seems like a great idea, and when it does work, I think it's really
cool. But something is not right with it, and I don't even have error
messages which let me know what went wrong, so I can't say that I would
recommend YUM.

Dave