[CentOS] Why is yum not liked by some?

Wed Sep 14 12:44:25 UTC 2005
Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith at ieee.org>

Steven Vishoot quoted Bryan J. Smith today, instead of
_anyone_else_ over the last 3 days (when Mr. Smith didn't
bother responding):
> sir_funzone pulls out the shotgun and aims, calls the
> word pull, seeing the thread Re: [CentOS] Why is yum
> not liked by some? in his gunsite. Pulls the trigger
> and hears the load pop of the shotgun going off,
> hoping the sluge will hit its target. Whamo target
> sought and hopefully destroyed with exploding force
> that it is never seen again..... waiting to see if
> that little rascal has survived, sir_funzone reloads
> his shotgun and points it toward the direction of the
> thread Re: [CentOS] Why is yum not liked by some?
> hoping not to see it come alive again...

Thank you for quoting _my_ post even though I had _not_
responded to this thread for 3 days prior!  And I _only_
responded 3 times yesterday -- 2 of them with an _explicit_
"real world" solution.

In other words, even if I _ignore_ a thread, these things
_still_ continue.  And most of them are meta-discussions
among people who actually don't know how much of the things
work.

But go ahead, make me the scapegoat.  Just show how
unobjective people are, they like to focus on me -- maybe
it's because I challenge people too much because ... oh, I
don't know ... I actually OFFER REAL-WORLD SOLUTIONS instead
of pondering and hoping.